Quick Skincare Routine
February 9, 2017
Filed under Student Corner
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
Teenagers are constantly at war with their skin. Acne is always on their minds, regardless of their gender. No matter how bad your day is going, acne will make it even worse. Here is a skin care guide that should help decrease the appearance of pimples and blackheads on your face.
Quick Skincare Routine:
- Cleanser (Dark Angels from Lush, 3.6 oz. container for $13.95)
- Toner (Mario Badescu Rosewater from Ulta, $7)
- Spot Treatment (Grease Lightning from Lush, $14.95)
- Moisturizer (Cetaphil Lotion from Target, $10.69)
This routine is for when you get up in the morning and also before heading to bed at night. First, wash your face using Dark Angels. This charcoal cleanser will remove dirt and other impurities from your pores. Follow up with Rosewater spray as a toner (for further facial cleaning), which will leave your face feeling refreshed and oil-free. Next, use a spot treatment for acne: put some Grease Lightning on a cotton swab and dab it on pimples. The tea tree oil will quickly put acne to rest. Lastly, apply Cetaphil on your face to prevent dryness and keep your skin healthy and hydrated.
Make sure to exfoliate once a week after applying a toner. Exfoliating daily can be damaging to certain skin types, leaving your skin red and raw. Skin needs time to recover from the abrasiveness of exfoliating. A good product to use is St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub from Target, priced at $6.49. This exfoliator will get rid of blackheads and make your face smell like citrus.
Facial masks are another good tool for getting rid of acne. These come in hundreds of different varieties, and should typically be used once a week or as needed. Product suggestion: Cupcake from Lush, priced at $9.95. This chocolate based mix will keep oily skin in check.
Honorable Mention Products:
- SheaMoisture African Black Soap (Cleanser. Target, $3.59)
- Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser (Exfoliator. Target, $4.99)
- Neutrogena Rapid Clear (Spot Treatment. Target, $8.09)
- Tea Tree Oil Blemish Fade Night Lotion (Moisturizer. The Body Shop, $20)
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay (Mask. Amazon, $10.40)