Things to Do

Leo Rocha, Editor-in-Chief

Edgefest

When: April 1

Where: Toyota Stadium in Frisco

Price: $45 – $299

Despite the closing of its parent radio station 102.1 KDGE, the Edgefest music festival lives on. This year’s headliners are Blink 182 and The Offspring. This event is coming up soon so make sure to buy your tickets quickly. Goes good with: punk, rock and alternative.

Scarborough Renaissance Fair

When: April 8 – May 29

Where: 2511 FM 66, Waxahachie, Texas 75167

Price: $24

Fans of “Merlin,” “Lord of the Rings” and “Dungeons and Dragons,” this event is for you. The Scarborough Renaissance Fair is an annual celebration of the Medieval Era. Meet knights, wizards and buy artisan products designed specifically for the fair. There are plenty of performances to watch and participate in. Feel like an olde king as you feast on turkey legs and steak. Goes good with: fantasy, history and role play.

Puffy AmiYumi — Concert

When: April 9, 7 p.m.

Where: Trees Dallas

Price: $31 – $201

This Japanese sister pop duo are best known for singing the “Teen Titans” theme song and their animated show on Cartoon Network, “Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi.” Goes good with: pop, punk and rock.

Movies on the Square: “Hop”

When: April 15, sunset

Where: Downtown Carrollton Square

Price: Free

The City of Carrollton presents April’s movie of the month: “Hop,” starring James Marsden. “Hop” focuses on the Easter Bunny’s son not wanting to join the family business. Grab your lawn chairs and blankets and come see this movie projected in the heart of downtown Carrollton. Goes good with: children, Easter and fantasy.

JMBLYA

When: May 5

Where: Fair Park

Price: $25 – $299

This is the second upcoming music festival to hit Dallas. Unlike Edgefest, which is mostly catered for rock fans, JMBLYA is all about rap and hip-hop. This year’s headliners are Chance the Rapper, Gucci Mane and Migos. Goes good with: rap and hip-hop.

Dallas Summer Musicals: Into The Woods

When: May 16 – 28

Where: Winspear Opera House

Price: $33 – $127

The Tony Award winning musical comes to Dallas. Take your family to go see this comedic reimagining of classic fairy tales like Cinderella, Rapunzel and Red Riding Hood. Goes good with: Broadway, fantasy and comedy.

México 1900-1950 Exhibit

When: March 12 – July 17

Where: Dallas Museum of Art (DMA)

Price: $16

Go see the work of famous Mexican artists such as Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo at this exhibit in the DMA. After being put on display in Paris, Dallas will be the only place in the United States that this collection is shown. The collection includes almost 200 paintings, sculptures, photography, drawings and films from 50 years of Mexican history. Goes good with: art and foreign.