Teacher Feature: Mr. Wolfe

Mr.+Wolfe+poses+for+a+portrait.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Teacher Feature: Mr. Wolfe

Mr. Wolfe poses for a portrait.

Mr. Wolfe poses for a portrait.

Mr. Wolfe poses for a portrait.

Mr. Wolfe poses for a portrait.

Juliette Uncovsky, Staff Writer

Where were you born?

I was born in San Antonio, and that is where I grew up.

What college did you attend?

I attended the University of Texas A&M. My high school grades were so bad that universities wouldn’t accept me. I attended community colleges until my grades were good enough to be accepted into A&M.

What was your favorite part about school growing up?

I did not enjoy school at all until college. I did not make the best choices in high school. My friends and I  used to sleep during class, so we would never get our work done. Once college came we were able to have more freedom and so that was fun.

What is your favorite part about teaching?

The students are my favorite thing about teaching. I have found that the students are respectful, caring and kind. I did not expect high school students to actually care about their teacher or be as respectful as they are. Looking back at my high school days, I was nowhere near as respectful or caring as my students are today.

Why do you like physics rather than other sciences?

Physics is where all other sciences stem from, making them branches of physics. For example Quantum Mechanics explains what you observe in chemistry, etc.

If you could have any other job, what would it be?

This is the job I want. I retired from my former job and started teaching because I have always wanted to teach. If I stopped teaching, I would probably sit at home all day, and that is no fun.
How long have you been teaching at West?

This is my 3rd year teaching here, or anywhere for that matter.

Do you have a favorite weekend activity or hobby? I like the outdoors and spend many weekends out in the country, especially in Oklahoma. I also enjoy playing golf whenever I get the chance.

What is your favorite sports team?

The Dallas Cowboys are my favorite team. They have been since I was a little kid.

If you could travel anywhere where would it be?

I have not been to Washington D.C in a long time and would like to take my kids there one day.

We always plan on going to different places but always end up in Vegas because it’s so fun. I have been overseas a lot and prefer to stay in the US.

Do you have any pets?

Yes, I have two dogs named Misty and Rosie. They are both from the pound, and my daughter named them.

Who is your favorite artist?

I listen to all sorts of music, but as a collection my favorite is The Beatles.

What is your favorite movie?

My favorite movie is Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I have not seen the latest one, so maybe that will change.

Do you believe in aliens?

Sure, I believe in aliens, but I do not believe that they have ever been on Earth.

Mr. Wolfe poses for a portrait.

About the Writer
Juliette Uncovsky, Associate Editor

Juliette Uncovsky is a senior and is the Associate Editor of the BluePrints Newspaper.  In the future, she plans on pursuing environmental sciences and...