Teacher Feature: Meet English Enthusiast Ms. Elliott

Back to Article
Back to Article

Juliette Uncovsky, Associate Editor

What do you teach? I teach Advanced Placement (AP) English Literature as well as AP Language and Composition.

Why did you decide to teach? I chose to teach because school has always been a wondrous place for me. Because of the way I felt and still feel, I wanted to help kids feel the wonder of it and realize education takes us places we can only dream of sometimes, especially English.

Where did you go to college? I went to Texas A&M in College Station.

What made you want to teach English? I love telling stories from the past and the present. I want to be a part of the stories in the future; English is what allows me to do that.

What was your favorite part of high school when you went? My favorite part of high school was going to English and Russian classes.

What is your favorite part of teaching at West? My favorite part of being a teacher is being able to meet other teachers who are like-minded and teaching students who keep me on my toes all the time.

What are your favorite hobbies/things to do on the weekend? During my free time I like to read a lot and I also enjoy spending time with my family.

What has been your favorite place you have traveled to? My favorite place that I have traveled to is Boston.

If you could have another career what would it be? If I could have any other career, I would be a writer and/or a librarian in charge of rare books in a university.

When did you start teaching at West?  I have been at West since all 2001.