Filed under Sports

Plano West Heads to Prosper to Face their Toughest Opponent Yet

Back to Article
Back to Article

Defensive end Shemarl Pearl (#6) exits the tunnel before kick-off against McKinney

Cera Perry-Johnson

Cera Perry-Johnson

Cera Perry-Johnson

Plano West heads north yet again tonight to Prosper, where they’ll battle it out with the Prosper Eagles.

Prosper has had a stellar season so far, going 6-1 on the season, with their only loss coming against Plano East in their fifth game of the year. Despite their loss, the Eagles’ offense is dominant, averaging 39.6 points and 424 yards per game.

The Eagles are coming off a narrow 42-37 win against McKinney Boyd. Prosper QB Keegan Shoemaker threw for 238 yards and two touchdowns. Shoemaker was given an offer from Georgetown late in May. RB Wayne Anderson led the Eagles in rushing with 230 yards and three touchdowns. As a two-star, Anderson has been given offers from Air Force, Arkansas Tech, Army, and East Central University. Anderson has recorded a total of 1,076 rushing yards and 13 touchdowns on the season. Wide receiver Jostein Clarke racked up 135 yards and one touchdown, and Devoncy Maloy followed with 41 receiving yards and one touchdown. Prosper finished the game with 491 total yards of offense (238 passing, 253 rushing).

Plano West, on the other hand, is looking to improve after a 17-12 loss to the McKinney Lions at home in Clark Stadium. QB Danny Davis threw for 82 yards and tallied 66 rushing yards and a touchdown on the ground. Senior WR Leon Green led the Wolves in receiving with 63 yards. The Lions’ defense was strong, holding Plano West to a mere 232 yards of offense (109 passing, 123 rushing).

Here is a rundown on the season statistic leaders for both teams:

Plano West

• QB Danny Davis: 968 passing yards, seven touchdowns (three passing, four rushing)
  • RB Noah Scroggins: 419 rushing yards, two rushing touchdowns
  • WR Cole Carter: 368 receiving yards, three touchdowns
  • WR Leon Green: 269 receiving yards

Prosper

• QB Keegan Shoemaker: 1,354 passing yards, 15 touchdowns (14 passing, one rushing)
  • RB Wayne Anderson: 1,076 rushing yards, 13 rushing touchdowns
  • WR Jostein Clarke: 567 receiving yards, eight touchdowns
  • WR Hayden Metcalf: 242 receiving yards, one touchdown
  • WR Devoncy Maloy: 161 receiving yards, two touchdowns

Plano West will start their eighth game of the season tonight at Prosper Eagle Stadium at 7:00 p.m.

About the Writers
Avery Klatsky, Senior Editor

Avery Klatsky is a Senior Editor for the BluePrints, where he focuses on sports and Op-Eds for the paper. He has also been published in the Washington...

Noah Karesh, Staff Writer

Noah Karesh is a senior staff writer for the BluePrints. He is also involved in National Honor Society (NHS), DECA, Jewish Student Union (JSU) and Young...