Plano West boys basketball routed by No. 3 Allen 71-42

Back to Article
Back to Article

Plano West's Shemar Pearl (#30) looks to get to ball off the tip off at the beginning of the game.

Emily Vivas

Emily Vivas

Emily Vivas

Avery Klatsky, Senior Editor

The varsity basketball squad was handed their eighth loss on the season by the No. 3 Allen Eagles in a rough 31-point loss, giving Plano West a 15-8 record on the year.

Senior guard Ryan Zambie led Plano West in scoring with 13 points on five field goals. Zambie went two of three on free throws and made one three-pointer. He also had one rebound, one assist, and three steals.

Sophomore Alec Zambie followed his older brother’s lead with nine points, three rebounds, and one assist.

Despite having a 31-point performance earlier in the week against Plano East, senior guard Daylen Minor struggled against the Eagles, going one for 10 on field goals and finishing with three points. Minor did have seven rebounds, three assists, and five turnovers in the game. Sophomore Chase Ross had six points, three rebounds, two assists, and two steals.

Allen was lead by Manny Obaseki, who finished the game with 15 points. Isaiah Stevens finished with 13, and Thailand Elder ended with 12 to help increase Allen’s record to 25-2.

Allen, who is ranked as the third best team in the state, hosts Plano on Tuesday. The Eagles are the 18th best team in the country, according to MaxPreps.

Plano West will look to bounce back from a tough loss on Friday night when they host Dallas Jesuit tomorrow night. Jesuit, who is 20-3 on the season, is listed as the best team in the state and 14th best in the nation.

About the Writer
Avery Klatsky, Senior Editor

Avery Klatsky is a Senior Editor for the BluePrints, where he focuses on sports and Op-Eds for the paper. He has also been published in the Washington...